TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any such changes will take effect when posted on the website and it is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions on each occasion you use this website and your continued use of the website shall signify your acceptance to be bound by the latest terms and conditions.
- If you are not a consumer, you confirm that you have authority to bind any business on whose behalf you use this website
- The 'Confirmation' stage sets out the final details of your order. Following this, we will send you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered. Please note that this email is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from Capital.
- Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place once the products you ordered have been despatched unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it.
Availability of Goods
- Delivery charges are stated at the 'Checkout' stage.
- On delivery you must inspect the goods carefully for damage as Capital is unable to accept responsibility for damage in transit, shortage of delivery or loss of products unless the customer advises Capital of such within 24 hours from the time of delivery.
- Delivery undertaken by Capital is done so on the condition that adequate facilities are available at the place of delivery in order that the delivery driver can carry out prompt and safe unloading.
- Deliveries are made by a driver only - if when delivering heavy items a two man team is required, the customer may be requested to assist with handling, at the discretion of the driver. If assistance cannot be arranged by the customer, please inform Capital prior to delivery of your order so neccessary arrangements can be made.
- All orders are processed during standard working hours only. Any orders placed outside of normal working hours (namely evenings and weekends (GMT)) will be processed the next working day. Despatch of your order will typically be arranged the same day the order is processed. If your order cannot be despatched during this time, we will contact you directly with further information with regards to delivery.
- Delivery of equipment does not include installation unless agreed by Capital at the time of ordering.
- All orders are subject to product availability. If the product you have ordered is not available from stock, you will be contacted by email or telephone and will have the option either to wait until the item is available, replace it with an alternative model or to cancel your order.
Your Right to Cancel
Under the United Kingdom's Distance Selling Regulations you have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase of any item until within 7 working days of delivery (starting the day after you receive the goods). This is a UK statutory right. Should you cancel the contract we will then refund you the price you have paid for the goods but not a service provided by us, such as a delivery service. You are under a duty to take reasonable care of the goods, which means the goods must be unused.
In the instance that your goods are a made-to-order or a bespoke product, the above rights to cancel do not apply. You will be informed prior to delivery if your order falls under this category. In the case you wish to return a made-to-order or a bespoke product, please contact Capital directly for more information. Capital cannot guarantee that a return will be accepted.
How to Cancel
To cancel this contract, phone customer services on 0116 216 9910 or please write to customer services at:
Or to the following address:
Capital Seating & Vision
Forward Park, Sheene Road
Gorse Hill Industrial Estate
Please state clearly your order number, the date of purchase, your name and contact details, the item you wish to cancel and the reason.
Please note that you will be responsible for the costs of returning the goods to us unless we delivered the item to you in error or the item is faulty. We may also charge a re-stocking fee - information is available upon request. If we do not receive the goods back from you, we may arrange for collection of the item from you and charge our costs of collection to you.
Items must be returned in an unused condition with the original packaging, together with a valid receipt or other proof of purchase.
Damage in transit, shortage of delivery or loss of products must be reported to Capital within 24 hours from the time of delivery.
The manufacturer may offer free inspection and repair for all products that develop a fault, not caused by accident, misuse or neglect, within the manufacturers guarantee period.
Your statutory rights are not affected.
Prices & Payment
Guarantee and Warranties
- We take payment from your card at the time we receive your order. Goods are subject to availability. In the event that we are unable to supply the goods, we will inform you of this as soon as possible.
- All prices are exclusive of VAT at the current rate, if your website preferences are set to view products without VAT. The 'Confirmation' stage sets out the final details of your order including VAT.
- Unless otherwise stated the goods shall not become the property of the buyer until the purchase price of the goods has been paid in full.
- Prices quoted in catalogues, brochures, price lists and other advertising materials are only an invitation to treat and no particulars are binding by Capital. All prices and products quoted are subject to alteration or withdrawal from time to time without notice.
- While we try and ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.
- You must acknowledge that Capital, for the most part, is not the manufacturer of the goods. We will however endeavour to transfer to you the benefit of any warranty or guarantee given by the manufacturer or supplier of the goods. Details of manufacturers guarantees and warranties are available upon request.
Additionally for the Website
Law and Jurisdiction
- This website is governed by the laws of England and Wales and the Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all matters.
- All copyright, design rights and all other intellectual property rights in and to this website and its content belong to Swann Systems (UK) Ltd and any use of such rights is solely on the basis of these terms and conditions.
Ordering via the Website
- You can enter your entire debit/credit card number via the WorldPay website, which encrypts all submitted information. More information regarding security of your financial details can be found via the Worldpay website here: http://www.worldpay.com/uk/privacy-policy
- You can order products displayed on this website by telephoning Capital, by faxing or posting to Capital a completed copy of the Capital order form, or order online.
- If you place your order via fax, telephone or mail, Capital will confirm you order within 2 working days. If you place your order online confirmation of that order is automatic, the fact that you receive an automatic confirmation does not necessarily mean that Capital will be able to fulfill your order.
- If Capital is unable to supply a particular item which you have ordered or if the correct price for an item is different from the price on your order, Capital will notify you as soon as it can after receiving your order. If this occurs, you may cancel your order and Capital will refund you any monies which you have paid.
- You can pay by any Visa or MasterCard credit card or by Switch, Solo or Delta debit card. In an endeavour to ensure that shopping online is secure, your credit/debit details will be encrypted to minimise the possibility of someone being able to read your details as they are sent to us over the Internet. You may also pay by cheque or postal order if you wish.
- Capital cannot guarantee delivery times but it aims to deliver within 30 working days.
- If the goods are not delivered within the delivery time which Capital estimate for that item, please contact us by telephone or email.
Links to other Websites
- Capital will not be responsible for any losses resulting from the use or the inability to use the website or resulting from unauthorised access to, or alteration of your transmissions or data.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability which may not otherwise be limited or excluded under applicable law.
- Subject to the above, Capital will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information on the site but makes no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied statutory or otherwise regarding the contents or availability of the site or that it will be timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the website. Capital will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the website and Capital accepts no liability of any kind for any loss or damage from action taken or taken in reliance on material or information contained on the site.
- We will take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but, unless we are negligent, we cannot be held liable for any losses caused as a result of unauthorised access to information provided by you.
- Capital shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver products or otherwise perform any obligation as specified in these terms and conditions if the same is wholly or partly caused whether directly or indirectly by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- Capital reserves the right to transfer, assign, novate or sub-contract the benefit of the whole or part of any of its rights or obligations under these terms and conditions or any related contract to any third party.
- The Capital website may contains links to other websites which are not under the control of and are not maintained by us. These links are provided for your convenience only and Capital are not responsible for the content of those sites.
When you register and use this site you will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfil our agreement with you.
What personal information is collected?
We collect information in three main ways :
1. Information you provide to us. In order to transact with us we require you to register your details with us which we will retain so that you do not need to re-register for future purchases. You may also choose to provide us with additional voluntary information which we will use to make your shopping experience and any marketing activity more relevant and personalised to you.
3. Email communication. If you have given us permission to send you marketing material via email we may receive confirmations of any email opened if your browser supports this ability. We may also ask you further questions about yourself and your interests to ensure that subsequent emails are more targeted and therefore relevant to you. All questions are absolutely voluntary. You may unsubscribe from receiving these emails at any moment by simply contacting us on the details provided.
We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties.
In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to other internal companies, companies in partnership with us, other retailers and to financial and other organisations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way.
What do we do with your information?
We may give information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
1. To employees and agents of the company to administer any accounts, products and services (including prize draws or competitions) provided to you by Capital now or in the future.
2. Agents who (on our behalf) profile your data so that we may tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs.
3. To anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you;
You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us on the details provided.